Are you in so much love that you are unable to stay apart from your partner? Then you must be thinking about making it official soon! If so, I am here to help you make the most important decision of your life to date, i.e., finding the best engagement rings for him and her.
If you are scouting out for engagement rings together, that’s a great idea as you can let your love choose the most beautiful one themselves. But if you are planning to propose and surprize your partner in a unique way, that’s also remarkable. Though, you need to have at least some general idea about engagement rings while purchasing, which can make or break the deal.
Let me take you on a journey with the comprehensive dos and don’ts while purchasing the perfect engagement ring for your only true love.
• Consider Your Partner’s Preference:
You won’t be wearing the ring you are purchasing. Your partner will. And therefore, it is very much essential to have at least some idea about your partner’s likings. In this case, your partner’s best friends can also help beyond your imagination. You can also take one of them to the ring shopping to make the process a bit simpler.
• Fix a Budget in Mind:
Before you are out for shopping of the most expensive diamond engagement rings, make sure you have a budget in mind. Let me break it to you; they come with a hefty price tag. Therefore, you have to know your limit before you jump in. Get a clear idea of how much you will be able to spend on your engagement ring.
• Gold or Platinum, Which One Is the Best:
This dilemma is age-old. Therefore, you have to be aware of your partner’s choice of metal first. Engagement rings can be found in yellow gold, rose gold, white gold, and platinum. When you know what your partner exactly likes, the process becomes easier. If not, you have to make a smart decision by scavenging through wide-ranging gold and platinum engagement rings.
• Carat, Cut, Clarity, Color of the diamond:
The carat is the weight of a diamond; the more the carat, the higher the price. Cut ensures the shine of the stone. Cut can be of many types: round cut, marquise cut, princess cut, cushion cut, emerald cut, radiant cut, oval cut, pear cut, etc. The clarity of the stone means rarity and purity. The color is important as it marks the natural tint inherent in the precious stone. You also have to notice the engagement ring settings and mountings.
• Buy Certified Always:
As you are a novice in this field, make sure your priceless ring has all the necessary certifications to not get tricked by fraud. Make sure the certificate has proper details of the diamond and the metal you are purchasing. Always choose a renowned brand that is known to be trusted by millions so that you can be sure of the quality of the product.
There are millions of different styles and designs that can be found for engagement rings. Amongst them, you have to choose only one that suits you perfectly with your partner. That is why this is a tough job, and you need to make and wise decision at the time of your purchase.
Most Popular Types of Engagement Rings:
• Solitaire: It is the most traditional and classic style in the engagement rings. It is designed with one diamond only which looks astonishing.
• Cluster: In this type, smaller diamonds are clustered together to make it look like a single stone. This is also very much popular.
• Pavé: In this design, embedded tiny diamonds and other gems are found in the band of the ring.
• Cathedral: This style is also traditional and very elegant looking. In this technique, the metal of the shank curves up to provide support to the diamond.
• Halo: These types of engagement rings look most beautiful and elegant with the dazzling shimmer of tiny diamonds, while the actual shine comes from the center stone.
• Split-Shank Style: This is one of the most popular designs in timeless engagement rings. You can customize the ring with the stunning split-shank to hold the diamond. The shanks come studded with small diamonds.
People around the globe highly appreciate these six design styles, and therefore when you are planning to buy one, you can check out these styles in particular as your partner might love them.
Make sure to go through the guide before you enter a shop so that you do not make any mistakes while making one of the most important decisions of your life.