Laminate flooring has been the most significant addition to home improvement projects in the last 50 years. It’s affordable, long-lasting, and prefinished, but best of all, an experienced DIYer can fix it with just a few tools.
Laminate flooring is an excellent choice for individuals looking for a true wood appearance and feels at a reduced cost or for those who want extra durability.
Types of Laminate flooring
Laminate flooring comes in two varieties. Both are sold in bundles of snap-together planks. But here’s the distinction: Engineered wood is constructed up of layers of actual wood that have been bonded together for added stability. The top layer is a thin layer of high-quality hardwood covered with an acrylic finish. On the other hand, plastic lamination is entirely man-made, with a resin-saturated fiberboard core, and a woodgrain pattern on top covered by a coating of transparent hard plastic. Purists who like the appearance of real wood will embrace engineered wood. However, you must pay for reality.
It costs almost twice as much as the plastic laminate flooring. Because of its thin top layer of genuine hardwood, it is more prone to dents, scratches, and stains. However, unlike plastic laminate flooring, it may be revitalised up to three times with careful sanding and refinishing. As a result, if you keep it away from water and high-wear areas, it should last longer than plastic laminate. If you want to sell your home in a few years, keep in mind that purchasers may value and pay more for the look of real wood. Plastic laminate is for individuals who desire the look of wood flooring in a damp or heavily damaged area.
The Advantages of Laminate Flooring
Laminate flooring has several advantages. Here is a list of crucial benefits to consider before making the all-important purchase decision:
- Laminate flooring is extremely durable and can tolerate heavy foot activity.
- It is an excellent choice for flooring in a bathroom or kitchen since it does not absorb water as much as genuine wood floors.
- Laminate flooring is inexpensive and may resemble real wood flooring.
- Laminate flooring is quick and simple to install
- Laminate is scratch and water-resistant, making it ideal for active family homes, baths, and kitchens.
- Laminate is more sanitary and simpler to maintain than real wood, requiring only a regular brush and the odd damp mop.
- The laminate manufacturing method produces a highly durable and dependable flooring with extremely uniform results across each panel.
5 things to look for in durable laminate flooring?
Laminate flooring in Calgary had gone a long way from the evident imitation wood product that it was when it originally appeared. Thanks to improved printing processes and cutting-edge production technology, today’s laminate flooring is resilient, cheap, and beautiful. However, there are five things you must remember in order to acquire the best floor covering.
1. Thick Boards In Quality Laminate
When buying laminate flooring, be sure to get a high-quality brand that will withstand heavy usage. The thicker the laminate, the more genuine the laminate will appear, and it will remain lovely for a longer period of time.
2. Know Your Objectives For The Space In Which You Will Install Your Laminate Flooring
Are you attempting to make a tiny room appear larger and more open, or are you attempting to cosy up a huge space? The colours and placement pattern you select may completely transform the look and feel of your home. Wider planks and lighter colours, for example, may help make tiny rooms look bigger and brighter.
3. Think About The Type Of Traffic That Your Floor Will Suffer
Although laminate flooring is durable enough to handle any Edmonton lifestyle, there are certain options that can make upkeep easier for you.
If you’re going to place your laminate flooring in a high-traffic location, you might want to go with a darker colour. While you should clean up any spills or debris as soon as possible to avoid harming your floor, the filth will be less visible against dark laminate flooring. If you have pets or are concerned about dust, you should choose a light-coloured laminate.
4. Pay Special Attention To The Rooms Around The Space Where Your Laminate Will Be Placed
If the room where your new laminate is being put has access to other rooms, consider the kind and colour of flooring in those areas. Again, make certain that your colours do not clash but rather complement or mix nicely with the surrounding spaces.
5. Inquire About Warranty And Conditions
When you invest in high-quality laminate flooring in Calgary, it will be very resistant to stains and damage, but it’s still a good idea to learn about the guarantee. Also, check to see if your installation plans are covered by the warranty.