With the pandemic closing the shutters of many brick and mortar businesses, a lot of them have taken the digital route to keep their business going. Having a stand-alone eCommerce platform is not economically feasible for many small businesses so this makes them seek out a multi-vendor e-commerce marketplace solution for taking their business online. These platforms have helped them gain good traction of business.
Online multi-vendor software has been proved beneficial not only to the vendors but also to the ones running and managing them. This blog will talk about the top 10 platforms to develop your own multi-vendor eCommerce platform.
- Magento: For those associated with eCommerce application development Magento is pretty much a household name. Though they don’t let you develop a multi-vendor e-commerce platform by default, they provide an extension that goes by the name Marketplace Multi-Vendor Module that does the job without you having to break a sweat.
- IXXO Multi-Vendor: It is a platform developed by Germany’s IXXO eCommerce Solutions which enables the development of vendor friendly multi-vendor marketplace applications. The software comes packed with an array of themes and templates which you can choose from for developing the application. It also comes with inbuilt SEO tools and marketing tools to help the vendor get better visibility for their products.
- Dokan Multivendor Marketplace: Powered by WooCommerce, this platform lets you build your own multi-vendor marketplace application on WordPress. This must be your go-to platform if you are looking to develop an auction online place like eBay. It is a very easy to use the tool and can develop the required application in even 10 minutes.
- Cocorico: This is an open-source platform best suited for developing eCommerce applications for services and rental businesses. It provides lots of advanced features that will help the vendors manage their services better.
- WooCommerce Multi-Vendor Marketplace: This is a platform which is developed by WordPress and has a great reputation among the developers’ community. This is a completely free plugin; however, you need to pay up to add more customized features. Soft Suave-a multi-vendor mobile app development company uses this tool to make user-friendly applications for their clients and they also incorporate customized themes based on the requirements.
- Arcadier: This is a SaaS-based platform that empowers small businesses to set up their own multi-vendor marketplace applications effectively in an affordable manner. They offer a multitude of services such as private marketplaces, multilingual support, and social logins. Their pricing plan is designed in such a way that it will go upwards with the number of transactions.
- X-Cart Multi-Vendor Marketplace: This is another open-source multi-vendor e-commerce marketplace solution. The best aspect of this platform is that we can develop an app that lets a single vendor sell multiple items from a single storefront. It has multiple tools for marketing, promoting, and managing the business and houses one of the most powerful admin dashboards.
- CS-Cart Multi-Vendor: Probably the most professional platform to develop your own multi-vendor eCommerce application. It is highly flexible and has all the options in-store to develop vendors’ own mini-stores as you see on eBay. Even vendors who don’t have prior experience with eCommerce business can use applications developed from this platform to run their business with ease.
- Yo!Kart: This is a cloud-based tool for developing multi-vendor e-commerce platform and has been creating a lot of ripples in the industry for the past two years. It has a powerful SEO tool which makes it easy for vendors to come in top of search rankings. The developers also provide 1 year of free technical support with it.
- BigCommerce Multi-Vendor Marketplace: This is developed by Webkul and with its help, you can convert a single online store into a multi-vendor eCommerce application. The plugin has certain functionalities in place that will let easy approval of products thereby easing up the work of the vendors and the admin.
Developing a multi-vendor mobile application is not a child’s play and requires serious efforts so if you are planning to have your own multi-vendor eCommerce platform, it is best you get the help of an experienced development company. Yes, it could cost you some buck but in the long run, it is an investment that you won’t regret investing in. The effort you put into developing the application will not just help you but also a number of other small businesses and consumers around the world.