The greens aren’t for everyone, but the emerald stones are out of this world. This green captivated has won the hearts of everyone, making it one of the most valuable diamonds on the market. With its beautiful blueish-green tones, Emerald stone depicts the meaning of eternity and everlasting love. Unlike the other green stones, such as peridot and tourmaline, emerald stone owns a fantastical history. Emerald stone ring’s green color attracts everyone, regardless of your feelings in jewelry regarding their color.
Emerald Stone Guide
Even though natural emerald stones have existed for thousands of years, there are many interesting secrets about this mystical gem. Let’s read:
- Among the four recognized valuable gemstones, one is an emerald stone. Ruby, sapphire, and diamond are the others.
- It is the May birthstone, and because of its enchanting royalty, it is the perfect gift for the 20th, 35th, and 55th wedding anniversaries in the United States.
- They belong to the Beryl gemstone family, which includes Aquamarine, Morganite, Golden Beryl, and Heliodor. Emerald stones are green due to impurities in the gem’s crystal structure. The gleaming green beauty of emerald is composed of a mixture of chromium, vanadium, and iron with a range of color from pure green to yellowish or bluish green.
- The color of an Emerald is an important factor since it must have a balanced tone of green, either too light or too dark, or it may fall in the category of Green Beryl. Every Emerald serves undeniably uniqueness while the wide of inclusions create beauty for each stone. Therefore it is also referred to as the king of the green gems.
- Because of its lower density, a 1-carat emerald seems larger than a 1-carat diamond. Beyond its exquisite beauty, the hardness of emeralds ranges from 7.5 to 8 on the Mohs scale. Despite their durability, emeralds are prone to chipping and shattering. Therefore, emeralds are more expensive to place in jewelry.
- Colombian emerald are most produced emerald, accounting for more than half of all emerald stones output worldwide.
The Emerald History
These are something enigmatic: they originated and date back around 2.97 billion years. The stone has the deepest history, too. Let’s have a look on it:
- Around 1500 BC, the earliest known natural emerald stones were mined in Egypt and became popular for their effortless grace.
- It was one of CleopAtra’s favorite stones, and her devotion to the stone was well mentioned as a hugely powerful gem throughout the centuries. Cleopatra’s mines were rediscovered on the Red Sea coast in 1817.
- The Spanish found emeralds in South America in the 16th century. The Incas employed them long before this discovery. The Spanish exchanged emeralds for precious metals across Europe and Asia, which opened up the emerald trade to the rest of the world.
- They were discovered in North America for the first time in 1997 in the Yukon Territory, while substantial emerald occurrences in the United States are extremely rare. Emeralds are incredibly famous gemstones in the world. Its allure has captured the hearts of people from thousands of years and generations of gemstone enthusiasts.
- They were also studded with the crown jewels of Russia. The Ancient Egyptians considered them amulets of birth. Shah Jahan, the Taj Mahal’s architect, wore Emeralds as a talisman with mystical language. His Mogul Mughal Emerald is considered one of the most famous Emerald items of all time.
- Although synthetic sapphire and ruby were created in 1907, it wasn’t until 1935 that American chemist Carroll Chatham successfully grew his first 1-carat Chatham emerald. The Smithsonian Institute now owns this Emerald stone. Columbia is known as a significant producer of emeralds around the world.
Along with its impressive hue, it holds higher values. On a per-carat basis, high-quality emeralds can be even more valuable than diamonds.
- A higher number of emeralds have some form of inclusion or defect, and flawless stones are extremely rare. Dealers refer to valuable emeralds as having a bright green hue and being inclusion-free. Infact in some cases, price of emerald may be greater than Diamonds despite of same carat weight. So an Emerald, you own can be work of art, with lines and inclusion patches as its beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.
- The value of this stone is determined by four factors: color, clarity, cut, and carat weight. Color is the most significant of these four. The emerald that radiates a Vivid green or bluish-green with consistent saturation and no color zoning is the perfect color.
- High-quality stone are highly translucent and neither too black nor too light. Some gemologists believe that green beryl that is too light in hue is not even an emerald. Few Emeralds with a velvety look, with the unique inclusions are considered as part of the gem’s properties. Generally, a vivid green Emerald Stone with many inclusions will fetch a higher price in comparison to flawless or paler color gemstone.
- This gemstone is the Gem of Spring, and this jewel is significant among famous personalities. For instance, Elizabeth Taylor’s emerald pendant necklace sold for $6.5 million in 2011, amounting to nearly $280,000 per carat. The Duke of Devonshire Emerald, weighing 1,383.93 carats, is one of the largest uncut natural emerald stone.
Healing of Chakras
Vibrant, eternal unconditional love and health, emerald, open your heart to unconditional love and compassion. It’s a stone of regeneration as well as renewal to carry. It elevates nourishment and is an incredible choice for choosing a spiritual path.
They promotes abundance by removing obstacles and worries about one’s worthiness. It serves as a subtle reminder that you are enough, and that the universe wishes you the best. It is not a manifestation stone but rather one of embracing the blessings of the Universe and feeling the wealth of the world around you. Indeed, with rejuvenating energy, it is a wonderful heart chakra stone that can aid with everything from mending heartbreak to opening your heart to your connection with divine love and abundance
For Physical Benefits
Emerald stone can bring regenerating rays throughout the body. Being a stone of growth, it was used to enhance fertility and ensure safe childbirth, and it is still used for these purposes today. Its sparkling energy is incredible for fertility and abundance, and this makes it a powerful prosperity stimulator.
It inspires the birth of new ages, new life, and new creations, but what people love about it the most is its ability to attract true love. This gemstone has luminous properties and green cham that can transform your own body and mind. Emerald is an excellent gem to heal relationships and get you over your fear of commitment. The emerald stone ring successfully tackles emotional wounds, even ones that have been buried deep within us it result in a healthy release. This crystal stimulates increased optimism and stimulates overcome suffering, loss, and grieving to create fresh beginnings in love.
The sparkling and glittering Emerald (Panna) gemstone has the power to make anyone fall in love with its charming looks and indigenous history. For in-depth information on this May birthstone, you can seek the help of the Navratan.com team, which can assist you with the buying guidelines for emeralds and the emerald price in India.