Our skin needs a lot of care, but going to the saloon or buying expensive beauty products can really burn a hole in your pocket. So, here, are the 7 best face masks that are healthy for your skin. These are very simple to make with easily available ingredients.
For better results, just remember to start with a clean face before you apply any of these DIY face masks mentioned below.
Disclaimer: Even though these masks are made from natural ingredients, you should do a patch test on the back of your hands before applying the mask, as every skin type has a different level of sensitivity.
1. Instant tan removal and skin lightening face pack
This mask is very easy to make and gives out instant and noticeable results, but the best part is that all the ingredients would be easily available in your kitchen!
● 1 tbsp Gram Flour
● 1 tbsp Curd
● 1 tsp turmeric powder
● 1 tsp lemon juice
● 1 tsp honey
● Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix it to form a paste with a thick consistency.
● Apply the mixture to the area which you want to treat.
● Wait for 15-20 minutes for it to dry.
● After this, you could either wipe off the dried pack with a damp cloth or wet your hands and scrub off the mask by rubbing it off in circular motions to exfoliate your skin. If your skin is prone to breakouts then you shouldn’t go with the latter.
● Repeat this process thrice a week for best results.
This mixture can be stored up to 5 days in the refrigerator when sealed.
This magical mask helps in removing sun tan, discolouration, dark spots and pigmentation from face and body, making the skin clearer and more radiant. Additionally, this pack can also help to soothe rashes, skin eruptions, and even acne.
Since ancient times, gram flour and turmeric have been used in face masks. They help in exfoliation and brightening of the skin. Lemon juice and honey are natural bleaches that could help with pigmentation and, curd helps in moisturising the skin and giving a glossy glow.
A pack with these benefits is a must-try!
2. Bourbon and Egg anti-ageing property
Topical application of your favourite booze is really good for your skin, did you know?
In fact, it is one of the most effective face masks for anti-ageing.
● 2 tbsp whiskey/bourbon
● 1 egg
● 1 tsp milk powder
● 1 tbsp Curd
● 1/2 tsp lemon juice
● 1 tsp honey
Before applying the face mask, exfoliate your skin to get rid of any dirt particles and put a hot wet towel to open up your pores. We highly suggest merica bourbon for this mask as it has high antioxidants.
● In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together to form a consistent paste.
● With a brush, apply it generously all over the face except the under eye area and wait for 20 minutes for the mask to work.
● Post that, just wipe off the mask with a damp cloth.
● Don’t forget to moisturise your skin after this!
This is a miracle mask. Egg and Whiskey help in dealing with wrinkles, fight against sagging skin and also combats anti-ageing by maintaining the elasticity of your skin.
Moreover, whiskey acts as an antiseptic cleanser and fights against bacteria.
The egg whites also remove blackheads, whiteheads and dead skin cells. Curd helps in moisturising the skin. All-in-all, this mask is filled with goodness.
Use this mask once a week.
3. Beer face mask for dull skin
Well, your leftover flat beer from last night’s party can help you with your hungover face! Beer might not be good for that belly but, definitely does wonders to the skin, this mask helps in rejuvenating the skin, giving it a fresh look.
● 4 Tbsp Flat Beer
● 1 and 1/2 tbsp raw milk
● 1 Tbsp honey
● 1 egg white
To make your beer flat, uncap the beer and leave it in your room for 4-5 hours. Any beer like 805 beer would be perfect for this mask as it has many antioxidants as well.
After that, mix all the ingredients really well to make a consistent mixture. Apply it on your face and leave it for 20 minutes and then wash with cold water.
Beer helps in rehydrating the dried and dull skin, more importantly, the yeast in a beer is an enriched source of pantothenic acid and Vitamin-B that are responsible for maintaining the elasticity of the skin.
Last but not least, the topical application of beer can also help fight acne and pimples. So much goodness, in one mask!
Honey has antibacterial properties that help out in clearing fine impurities, also, moisturising the skin greatly, leaving it lush, plump and glowy.
Raw milk not only acts as a toner and cleanses pores but also, the lactic acid found it is a disinfectant that fights microbes that cause acne.
This mask is a holy grail and will definitely bring back that glow!
4. Soothing Aloe Ice Cube Face pack
Skin burns, skin rashes, tired skin, breakouts and any other sort of inflammation can be really troublesome for the skin and can also cause discomfort at times. It can be a total nightmare if something touches the affected area, isn’t it so?
Ice cubes come to the rescue at these difficult times, not only they help to appease the skin but also soothes the inflammation and tones the skin.
But what’s better than just ice-cubes? Well, obviously, when they are additionally loaded with the beauty and medicinal benefits of Aloe Vera!
This mask is very convenient to make, let’s see how!
● ½ cup Aloe leaves or pure aloe vera gel
● ⅛ cup Rosewater
● Scoop out the gel directly from the plant or squeeze out from the bottle and add rosewater to the mixing bowl.
● Mix well to make it into a slightly liquid consistency and pour it into an ice tray.
● Lastly, just freeze it till you get aloe ice cubes!
● Just take a cube out, rub it on your face in circular motions.
● After 15-20 minutes, wash with cold water and dry with a soft cloth.
Aloe vera is known to have medicinal and healing properties which greatly help in curing pimples, skin burns, and, also, nourishes the skin as it’s packed with vitamins and antioxidants. Rosewater can make your skin radiant instantly and gives an instant relief to the burning feeling. The two of these combined make a very moisturising and soothing formula that you could even use daily to help your skin radiate from within and also, free it from any sort of irritation and redness.
5. DIY peel off face mask for unwanted blackheads and facial hair
Unwanted hair, blackheads, whiteheads and even dead skin can be either tough or expensive to treat, but, nobody likes them which is why peel off masks are surely a trend these days as they exhibit a number of qualities.
So, let’s make one on our own!
● 1 Tbsp unflavored gelatin
● 2 Tbsp extra hot milk
● ½ Tbsp Honey
● 4-5 drops of your favourite essential oil (optional)
● Firstly, in a clean bowl, mix the gelatin and milk to form a paste.
● After that, add in the honey and essential oil. This would make a sticky paste that’ll help to get rid of the undesirable things.
● Then steam your face with a cloth damped in hot water to open up the pores for the mask to work more effectively.
● Apply the paste evenly with a brush and let it dry for 25-30 minutes.
● When it’s completely dry then start peeling off the mask slowly in an upwards direction to really pull out the hair and blackheads.
● Just wash your face after that and wipe off any excess with a soft cloth.
● Rub an ice-cube after this process to close your pores and reduce any inflammation.
It’s a cost-effective and efficient way of getting a smoother skin. Moreover, honey and milk are really good for the skin as we have thoroughly talked about before.
Apply this mask only once in 10 days.
6. Quick clay face mask for oily/combination skin
Oily skin can be a task to maintain, greasy skin can catch hold of dirt and impurities which further leads to breakouts, pimples, acne problems and obviously an unwanted sheen. Therefore, it is necessary to take good care of oily skin. A clay mask can be a bit drying and reduce that excessive oil, yet, it’s nourishing, hence, an essential for oily skin.
● 1 tbsp Fuller’s Earth
● 1 tbsp Rosewater
● Just mix the two ingredients to form a smooth mixture.
● Apply it on your face and neck and wash it after it completely dries out.
Fuller’s Earth is known to help detoxify skin and also clear impurities, along with reducing the excessive oil generated by the skin!
Use this mask once a week.
7. Hydrating mask for dry skin
Dry skin girls, it’s very important for the skin to stay moisturised and hydrated for it to feel and look alive, but, instead, the skin starts looking cracky instead and the problem just gets worse in the winters.
● Half a banana
● ¼ cup honey
● 2 Tbsp yoghurt
● Mash the banana in a bowl and then add the other ingredients. Mash till you make a thick and even paste.
● On a clean face, apply this mask and leave it on for 30 minutes.
● Wash it off with cold water.
All three ingredients are known to be extremely hydrating and nourishing. They give a glow to the skin and makes it healthy.
Honey has additional benefits like combating pigmentation, lightening spots, fighting acne as well.
Banana not only moisturises the skin but also fixes chalky or peeling skin due to dryness.
Apply this mask 2-3 times a week.
Well, guys, do try these face masks at home, experiment with them and see what suits you!
Stay hooked to this page for more DIYs, beauty tips and more!