Airline credit cards are meant for those who love traveling and often go on trips. This card features a variety of benefits to their consumers, such as a discount on hotels, air miles, discounts on air tickets, shopping discounts, bonus points, and more. Also, the majority of such airline credit cards offers some sign-up bonus in terms of miles or even money. This bonus can be very advantageous for you as you can redeem those miles for flights. There’s no specific conversion, and the miles needed for a particular flight differ from destinations and airlines, but one thing is sure that with the sign-up bonus, you can easily churn out a single flight. The list of benefits does not end here, mentioned below are some of the key benefits that you can enjoy by owning an airline credit card.
1. The majority of airline credit cards will permit you to check a bag for free. You can save more than the annual cost of the credit card if that card allows complimentary checked bags for you and a partner.
2. Most of us are anxious to get boarded, and by owning an airline credit card, you can also enjoy the benefit of priority boarding.
3. Some of the airlines also allow users to get access to the airport lounge, but this feature differs from airlines. Now if you are thinking regarding the advantage of getting a lounge. They permit you to avoid the busyness of the airport and get free food and drinks.
There are many other perks that you can enjoy with a credit card, even if you don’t travel very frequently, such cards will help you to make your trip more comfortable and enjoyable.
Here are some of the ten best airline credit cards for domestic and international travel:
1. Standard Chartered Emirates World Credit Card: One of the most popular airlines, Emirates has associated with Standard Chartered Bank for this amazing card that features excellent perks for travelers. When you register for this card, it offers 4,000 Miles as a sign-up bonus. Also, it permits access to more than 30 airport lounges across the nation. You can enjoy all of this with Rs. 3,000 per year.
2. IndusInd Bank Jet Airways Voyage Visa Credit Card: This card provides exciting privileges to the consumers booking tickets with the airline. As a sign-up bonus, it offers free movie tickets and other shopping vouchers. On every Rs. 100 paid on flight bookings, you can obtain 4 JP miles, and on other purchases, you can earn 2 JP miles.
3. Yatra SBI Credit Card: This airline credit card features travel as well as shopping perks for its cardholders. The annual fee for this card is just Rs. 499 per year and with that, you can enjoy benefits such as Yatra vouchers worth Rs. 8250 and other discount vouchers. On every Rs. 100 paid on the Yatra portal, and you can earn six reward points.
4. HSBC MakeMyTrip Signature Card: Make My Trip has partnered with HSBC to come up with this amazing card that offers great perks to the cardholders. The annual fee to own this card is just Rs. 500. It provides dining discounts of up to 20% across India and a fuel tax waiver of 2.5%.
5. Jet Privilege HDFC Bank World Credit Card: This is a global Credit Card that flaunts perks for both Domestic and International travels with an annual fee of Rs. 2,500. You get a sign-up gift of one way Free Jet Airways ticket and 10,000 JP miles. Also, you can enjoy the access to airport lounges by owning this card.
6. American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card: This card provides excellent perks that you can enjoy while traveling with any airline. By paying an annual fee for Rs. 5,000, you can take advantage of 5,000 Reward points as a sign-up bonus, and you can further redeem that to obtain Indigo vouchers worth of Rs. 4,000. Also, you can get reward points on every Rs. 50 spent which can be redeemed later.
7. AXIS Bank My Wings Credit Card: You can enjoy lots of benefits and can use this card with any airline provider. It offers fantastic deals on car rentals and railway tickets. As a sign-up bonus, you get hotel vouchers worth Rs. 10,000 and 2 Air tickets free. It also provides Fuel Surcharge waiver on every fuel station across the nation.
8. Citibank Premier Miles Credit Card: This card can be used to book tickets for both Domestic and International airlines and also redeem the reward miles to buy tickets with an annual fee of Rs. 3,000. You will also enjoy 10,000 miles as a sign-up bonus and 3,000 miles on renewing the card.
9. SBI Air India Platinum Credit Card: By paying Rs. 1,499, you can enjoy a plethora of benefits offered such as fuel surcharge waiver up to 2.5%, reward points that can be redeemed to purchase airline tickets. The sign-up bonus includes 5,000 Reward points, and the renewal bonus features 2000 reward points.
10. Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card: Jet Airways collaborated with American Express to come up with this card that offers 10,000 JP miles and one Free Ticket for domestic flight as a sign-up bonus. In addition to that, you can enjoy a free stay at Oberoi Hotels and cashback on fuel stations.
If you are skeptical about owning an airline credit card or confused between which one to choose, then, you can take the reference from the benefits mentioned above and the best credit cards offered by various airlines.
READ ALSO: Understand Credit Card Debt In Detail