While doing SEO of your website, you will have to keep in mind lots of things. Link building plays a vital role in the SEO of a website. If you want to improve the ranking of your website, it is necessary for you to get links from the authentic websites only. On the other hand, if you are getting links from websites which are spam or the websites which contain viruses and malware, these links are known as toxic links and these toxic links will ruin the SEO of your website. As a result, you will never be able to rank your website. Here, we will provide some essential tips to check and remove these kinds of toxic links from your website.
Steps To Check the Toxic Links of Your Website
Before checking and removing toxic links from your website, you should have enough idea about the websites that are giving toxic links to your website. In these links, there come links from the penalized websites, links from the link directories, links from the porn websites and links from those websites which are not related to your niche. Steps to check toxic links in your website are explained below:
- First of all, we have to gather data about backlinks. There are lots of tools are available that can provide you with the complete data about the links. You can use one of them. While gathering data of links relevant to your website, you should use a filter and try to get a list of only do-follow and active links. Its reason is that we don’t have a concern with deleted and no-follow links.
- After getting a list of all the links that are referring towards your website, you should take an overview of the anchor text. Anchor text is that text which is used to get links from other websites for your website. You can easily get complete idea about the anchor text by exploring the links in the backlink checking tool.
- After getting a complete list of the anchor text, you should try to measure the anchor text. After measuring the anchor text, you will get an idea about the extraneous anchor text that is not relevant to the keywords of your website. As a result, it will be easy for you to find out toxic links that are linking towards your website.
- At last, you will have to merge the data. After merging the data, you will be able to get a list of concerning links. After preparing this report, you should export that report and try to open this report in the Excel. In the Excel, you should sort out this report just by removing the duplicate anchor-text pairs.
Step To Remove Toxic Links of Your Website
After preparing a list of these toxic links, it is necessary for you to remove these toxic links. According to The Academic Papers UK, its reason is that if you don’t remove these toxic links, there is a possibility that search engines will penalize your website. As a result, all of your efforts will be wasted. In order to remove toxic links from your website, you will have to follow some steps. These steps are explained below:
- First of all, you have to identify the toxic links. Therefore, you can easily identify these toxic links by following the above-mentioned steps.
- After identifying these toxic links, you should prepare a list of all the websites which are giving toxic links to your website. By following this list, you should visit each website and try to get contact information on this website. Usually, you can easily get contact information in the form of an email. Anyhow, if you don’t get email on this website, you should fill the contact form that is available almost in all the websites. With the help of this contact form, it is also easy for you to contact the website owner.
3. Now, it’s time to contact with the webmaster via this email address or contact form. While contacting the website owner, you should request him to remove specific links from the website. After contact with him, you should wait for his response at least for two weeks. If you are not getting a response, you should move towards the next step.
4. If you are not getting a response from the website owner or he is not agreeing to remove your links from his website, you should disavow the links. After disavowing the links, you should try to upload this file on Google. This is the best way to save your efforts, money and time.