Basin taps are the perfect addition to a bathroom that instantly elevates the appearance of the place. The appeal of the space will be defined by the finer details such as basin taps rather than expensive fittings such as baths and showers. This is why people should always buy their basin taps carefully. It saves people from spending money on costly refurbishment. After all, basin taps are one of the essential components in a bathroom. Unfortunately, most people tend to ignore considering the styles and types of these basin taps while buying. This only prevents them from yielding the true benefits of these taps. Choosing the right type will not only help to keep up the stylish look of the bathroom but also will keep the plumbing system functional. It can be pretty daunting to choose the ideal basin taps as there is a wide range of options available. An ideal tap can make a world of difference while renovating or updating the entire bathroom space. There are a lot of things to consider before buying the tap. Let’s take a look at the following:
1. Consider the Right Type of Basin Taps
Before checking the styles and finish of the basin taps, it’s important to choose the ideal type of basin taps. After all, it needs to be a practical choice as per the use of the basin. Also, one must check whether the taps will continue to work even if any common plumbing problems such as the low pressured water system occur. Sometimes, the taps stop functioning due to the lower water pressure and this can create a lot of hassle in a building. So, this needs to be checked even before checking the basin types. There are different types of basin tapes available. One must carefully read before buying the ideal one such as bristan colonial basin taps online. Let’s take a look,
• Pillar Taps: The pillar taps are the traditional models of basin taps. There are two separate taps in a pillar tap that can be often seen on a traditional basin. One tap is used for drawing hot water and another one is used for drawing cold water. So, it keeps the water flow separate and organized. These taps also feature crosshead and levers styles. The former one has a rounded sprout while the latter can be found in a variety of designs. People who want to complement their bathroom space should use these pillar taps.
• Mixer Taps: The mixer taps or faucets combine the hot and cold taps into a single pillar. This provides separate control for the cold and hot water. It’s one of the best alternatives to pillar taps in modern bathrooms. Using a single lever, the temperature and flow of the water can be easily controlled.
• Wall Mounted Taps: Wall mounted basin taps are often seen in modern bathrooms. They have a sleek and modern design that provides a streamlined look to one’s bathroom. People can see the spout only as the tap will remain attached to the wall. It’s a perfect addition to complement one’s basin, plus the entire bathroom.
2. Select the Perfect Handle
People often ignore choosing the perfect handle while selecting the basin taps. Selecting the handles carefully is one of the important tips of buying a basin tap. It can make a huge difference to how the tap looks and how it functions. Generally, in contemporary settings, the lever handles look perfect. It’s also easy for everyone to operate. In busy households, the single lever tap is the perfect handle to choose from as it’s child-friendly. Also, one can maintain good hygiene of their basin taps by selecting a single lever tap. With a single touch using an elbow or hand, the taps can be turned on or off. This makes the maintenance process quite hassle-free.
3. Pick the Best Style & Finish
Once the handles and basin type are chosen, people must choose the best finish and style to ensure optimum functionality. There is a range of options available when it comes to choosing the basin taps styles. This includes the traditional taps with crosshead handles, contemporary styles, etc. It would be ideal to consider one’s personal preference before choosing the best style. Also, the chrome-effect finishes of the basin taps are the most popular choices in the market. It can be used for a wide variety of bathroom styles and basin types. But, people can try a gold-effect finish if they’re looking for an ideal way to complement the style of their house. These are the three factors one must check before buying basin taps online. However, one must also conduct enough research on the seller of these taps before placing the order to ensure the best output.