Dubai is a bustling metropolis that offers so many incredible attractions and jaw-dropping architecture. In recent years, it has become one of the topmost tourist destinations in the world attracting millions of tourists every year. If you are planning a vacation to this fabulous destination, here is a guide on how to apply for a Dubai visa.
Countries exempted from visa
The nationals of the following countries need not apply for a Dubai visa and can enter the country with a valid passport and tickets and stay up to 30 days.
Andorra, Australia, Brunei, Canada, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Kazakhstan, Macau, Malaysia, Mauritius, Monaco, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, San Marino, Singapore, Ukraine, United Kingdom & Northern Ireland, United States of America, and Vatican City.
The nationals of the following countries need not apply for a Dubai visa and can enter the country with a valid passport and tickets and stay up to 90 days.
Argentina, Austria, Bahamas Islands, Belgium, Barbados, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Kiribati, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Maldives, Malta, Montenegro, Nauru, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Paraguay, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, San Marino, Serbia, Seychelles, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and Uruguay.
The following countries that are members of the Arab Gulf Co-operation Council (AGCC) are also eligible for a visa on arrival.
- Saudi Arabia,
Only Dubai Visa assistance
We have a highly skilled and professional team having in-depth knowledge about the Dubai visa. Our team can advise you on the type of visa based on your visit and also ensure that you have a smooth and stress-free application process. We also provide Express visa services; in case you need your visa in 2-3 working days. You can call us on +27212048151 or mail your queries to [email protected] and our team is there to assist you 24/7.
Documents required for the visa
The following documents are required for a Dubai visa:
- Passport with at least a minimum of 6 months validity
- Scanned color copies of the first and last page of the passport
- Passport size photograph (should be clear and against a white background)
- Confirmed air tickets with the return journey
- Visa permission
- A letter from the sponsor
Steps to apply for the visa
You can follow these steps for applying for a Dubai visa.
- Fill up the online visa application form with important details such as your name, address, nationality, travel date, etc.
- Upload recent passport size photo
- Submit all relevant documents for visa processing such as scanned copies of the first and last page of the passport and confirmed return flight tickets
- Complete the payment using a credit card through a secured gateway
Things to note
The following are some of the important things to keep in mind before applying for a Dubai visa.
- While applying for a Dubai visa online, the applicant must make sure that he is not barred from entering UAE or deported from the country
- Citizens of Asian countries must apply for ‘Ok to Board’ status which is necessary to board the flight for UAE
- Handwritten passports are not accepted
- In case the applicant has a Guarantor in Dubai, the Guarantor’s passport and visa copy with minimum 3 months validity is required
- A security cheque of AED 5500 for each visa is required and this cheque will be used only if the visitor is absconded
- Last month Bank statement having enough funds to cover the respective cheque drawn from the same account is required
- If for some reason, the traveler is unable to travel upon the issuance of a visa, a fine of AED 100 will be incurred from the guarantee amount
- A penalty of AED 150 per day will be incurred from the guarantee amount if a tourist does not leave the country on or before the due date
- A Dubai visa usually takes 5-7 working days, so it is advisable to apply for it in advance
- You can carry a printout of the visa to submit at the airport and you need not carry the original copy
- The visa application fees is non-refundable irrespective of whether your visa is approved or rejected
The following types of visa are available for Dubai:
- Transit visa (for up to 96 hours)
- Tourist visa
- Single entry visa
- Multiple entry visa
Based on your travel, you can apply for your Dubai Tourist visa for 14 days, 30 days, or 90 days.
- 96-hour Transit visa – approximately AED 200
- 14 days Tourist visa – approximately AED 330
- 30 days Tourist visa – approximately AED 350
- 30-day Multiple Entry Tourist visa – approximately AED 950
- 90 days Single Entry Tourist visa – approximately AED 900
- 90 days Multiple Entry Tourist visa – approximately AED 2000
Receiving the visa
Once approved, your visa will be sent by email on the registered email id. In case if the visa is rejected for any reason, a copy of the same will be sent to you.
Dubai offers diverse attractions that appeal to every kind of traveler. So, what are you waiting for, apply for your Dubai visa right now!