Intake of right food is very pertinent with regard to maintaining the right health. The right food when combined with the daily workout of 20 to 30 minutes can help the individual maintaining the healthy weight. Not only this, but it also reduces the risk of various chronic ailments and diseases like cancer or brain tumor.
The Kresser Institute has discussed on the public health problem
The “well-fed but undernourished” epidemic which means that the people are consuming the two or three required meals per day but still they do not feel energetic.
WHY THIS HAPPENS?
This is because people eat food which lacks adequate amounts of protein, vitamins and minerals which are crucial for a healthy mind and body. The people are not consuming the right amount of essential nutrients due to which they are suffering from a wide range of nutritional deficiencies these days.
Let’s shed some light on some of the most trivial nutrient deficiencies among people these days and how the people can get rid of them.
1. Vitamin B6 – The people usually lack this vitamin in their bodies due to which they suffer from various health problems. The lack of vitamin B6 results in weakening of immune system specially in babies. The brain development also becomes slow. If one wants to overcome this deficiency, they can eat chicken, fish, chickpeas, beans, potatoes, bananas.
2. Copper – This is the most common deficiency people are not aware of. The people should eat shellfish, nuts like almonds, raisins, walnuts etc. or they may go for wholegrains, beans which will help a human body to stay away from copper deficiency. The lack of copper can result in heart diseases or weak bone health.
3. Iron – If the person is experiencing anemia, fatigue, headache or crumbling nails, then it is clear that the person lacks Iron in his or her body. So, in order to remove this deficiency, intake the right foods like broccoli, spinach, liver, red meat.
4. Iodine – If the person lacks iodine in his or her body, then he may become the victim of thyroid. Thyroid hormone regulates the body functions from heartbeat to body temperature. So, the only way to get rid of this deficiency is to eat Iodine rich foods like soymilk, cheese, eggs.
5. Vitamin E – This is an important antioxidant which protects the body from radicals that can damage the cells of a human body. Consuming the Vitamin-E rich foods can make the immune system strong. Eat foods like sunflower seeds, spinach, broccoli to increase the amount of Vitamin E in your body.
6. Calcium – Mummies always scold their children to drink milk daily. Milk is very important for healthy bones. Lack of calcium in the body can weak the muscles, bones and nervous system of the humans which transfers messages to the brains. Eat cheese, Kale, Tofu, broccoli as these are some good sources of calcium.
7. Folate – The pale skin, lack of appetite, obesity are signs that your body is not having ideal amount of Folate which is crucial for producing the red blood cells in the body. Eating green vegetables, cereals can help in increasing folate ratio in your body.
8. Magnesium – Deficiency of Magnesium will cause fluctuations in blood pressure, heart rate of the body. To refute this, people should eat spinach, nuts, black beans, avocados.
9. Vitamin C – Lemons, Oranges, Red and Green peppers, Kiwis are some sources of Vitamin C. It is one of the common deficient nutrient prevailing nowadays among the people. The main symptoms of Vitamin C deficiency are dry skin, obesity, fatigue, bleeding gums.
10. Vitamin A – Your eye health defines the chunk of vitamin A in your body and it is the evident fact that people and the teenagers are suffering from very bad vision these days. Carrots, leafy green vegetables are some sources of Vitamin A.