If you lost some important file recently on Windows 7 and want to restore that file, then this article is for you. Here, we discussed quick ways to easily retrieve deleted files in Windows 7. It includes recovering files using built-in utility and using third-party tools. Let’s discuss more here.
Recover deleted files from Recycle Bin
The first step to recover deleted files in Windows 7 is to look for these files in Recycle Bin. As all deleted files are marked deleted and moved to the recycle bin folder, it’s best practice to check recycle bin first. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Recycle Bin from desktop.
- Once recycle bin folder is open sift through all the files to find file that you want to recover. Once found, right-click on the file and select Restore option.
- Here, it will help you find & restore deleted file to its original location.
To restore multiple files from recycle bin folder, simply select all the files that you want to restore and select “Restore the selected items” from the menu. Alternatively, you can select “Restore all items” to restore all deleted files to their original location.
Use Backup & Restore Option
Next quick tip to retrieve permanently deleted files in Windows 7 is to use backup & restore option. Here, Windows allows you to take backup of all your files using built-in utility. Further, it also allows you to restore these files easily. Now that if you had this feature enabled on your PC and you have backup of your data, follow below mentioned steps to restore deleted files using backup data.
- Go to Start menu > Control Panel > System and Maintenance.
- Here, on the window, select Backup and Restore option.
- To restore deleted files using backup, click on “Restore my files” option.
Now you will see a new window with all available versions of data backup. Select the most recent backup folder and follow the screen instructions to recover deleted files.
Restore Previous Version
If you didn’t backup data earlier using Backup and Restore option, then you have better alternative to recover deleted files. Here, we are talking about restoring deleted files using Restore Previous Version option. It technically restores last safe stat of your deleted files to reuse. To use this option, follow below mentioned steps:
- Open File Explorer.
- Here, navigate to the folder that earlier had the deleted file stored.
- Right-click on this folder and select Properties. Alternatively, if the file was stored on a root of the driver such as C:\ then right-click on the drive and select Properties.
- Select “Previous Versions” tab. Here, select most recent version of the deleted file. For example, if you have deleted some file this evening and you have the previous version of file from today afternoon and yesterday evening, then you should select today noon’s version to restore.
- Select “Restore” option to restore selected file. It will help you restore deleted file to its original location.
Use Best Data Recovery Tools
If you find manual process hard to retrieve permanently deleted files, then we suggest you should use best file recovery software tools. These smart tools help you scan, locate, and recover deleted files even from the remotest corners of your device storage. One such tool is Advanced Disk Recovery that offers easiest & safest way to recover deleted files on Windows 7, 8, 10, and other versions.
Use Advanced Disk Recovery
With Advanced Disk Recovery, you get freedom to recover accidentally deleted or lost files in a jiffy. It allows you to recover all types of files in effortless manner. It is designed meticulously to restore deleted files from both internal & external storage devices. It is compatible to all Windows versions and help easy recovery. As it works automatically, it also saves lot of your time and reduces manual efforts.
This powerful data recovery tool works on simple & intuitive interface to help you recover data of all types. You can use Advanced Disk Recovery to recover deleted photos, music files, videos, documents, and more. It allows you to save sessions which you can resume later.
Features of Advanced Disk Recovery
- It helps you recover permanently deleted files windows 7 automatically to save your time.
- It supports recovery from internal & external device storage both. Thus, you can recover data from multiple storage devices including CDs, DVDs, thumb drives, and more.
- It allows you to preview files before you restore them for safe recovery.
It offers two different scan modes:
- Under Quick scan, it uses the MFT or Master File Table to find and recover same filenames.
- Under Deep scan, it uses file signatures to look for deleted files or folders.
So, this was a quick review of how to easily retrieve deleted files in Windows 7. DO try these steps and feel free to share your experience in the comments below.